- Original music and arrangements
- Music for film, silent film, television, radio, websites
- Music for special events, exhibitions, lectures and science festivals
- Original film projects to commission
- Music publishing, editing, score/parts preparation
- CDs; DVDs
Our dear friend, partner and colleague Norman Worrall passed away on
4 March 2014.
He was creative in many ways - and his ceaseless work in the arts was inspiring to us and energizing for him. His music, films and abundant spirit gave people great pleasure.
Friends and family established a memorial prize through Awards for Young Musicians, to enable a student to continue developing his music skills. More info
Jean's piece for two pianos, Kangaroos 2 (Kanga+Roo) premiered in Bristol on 7 Sept, part of A Modern Menagerie, music reflecting The Carnival of the Animals.
In early May 2014, in Bristol, Jean and Paul Israel played Liszt's piano piece, Legende No.1, over a dozen times each, to 60 caged songbirds, an art installation by Annika Kahrs, part of the Bristol Art Weekender festival.
As part of the Wagner 200 Festival, Jean composed a new score for a 12 Jan 2014 performance at the Barbican's Cinema 1, London, accompanying the 1913 silent film on piano (96 min).
DM: Essays, Tributes and Criticism A new book published in June 2014. Info
- More details and concert listings.
- Read David's thoughts
on British music.
- Vespers for choir and orchestra has been recorded by the Bournemouth Symp Orch and the Bath Choir, along with David's Symphony No.7 (Dutton Vocalion)
- Music for Piano (Toccata Classics)
- Music for Solo VIolin, Vol.1 (Toccata Classics)
- Eight Duos for 2 violins (NMC label)
A work for string orchestra and harp, a deconstruction and reinterpretation of Britten's famous piece, the Serenade for Tenor, Horn and Strings.
A score and CD are available.
Seven Last Words from the Cross
A narrative video combining images of great paintings with specially-composed music.
The Fall of the House of Usher silent film score was played by ensemble Counterpoise on
6 November 2013 at the Victoria Rooms, Bristol, and 29 September at Kings Place, London.
- Read reviews
- See Usher on YouTube
- See: JH other films/media
The Cambridge 2013 Science Festival featured several VM soundscapes, playing before lectures on various science topics.
see: Sample Science Festival soundscape info