- Original music and arrangements
- Music for film, silent film, television, radio, websites
- Music for special events, exhibitions, lectures and science festivals
- Original film projects to commission
- Music publishing, editing, score/parts preparation
- CDs; DVDs
Our dear friend, partner and colleague Norman Worrall passed away on
4 March 2014.
He was creative in many ways - and his ceaseless work in the arts was inspiring to us and energizing for him. His music, films and abundant spirit gave people great pleasure.
Friends and family have established a memorial prize through Awards for Young Musicians, to enable a student to continue developing their music skills. More info
2-5 May in Bristol.
Jean and Paul Israel played Liszt's piano piece, Legende No.1, to 60 caged songbirds, an art installation by Annika Kahrs, part of the Bristol Art Weekender festival.
As part of the Wagner 200 Festival, Jean composed a new score for a January 12th performance at the Barbican's Cinema 1, London, accompanying the 1913 film on piano, The Life and Works of Richard Wagner
DM: Essays, Tributes and Criticism A new book just published. Info
David has numerous summer concert performances.
- More details and concert listings.
- Read David's thoughts
on British music.
- Vespers for choir and orchestra has been recorded by the Bournemouth Symp Orch and the Bath Choir, along with David's Symphony No.7 (Dutton Vocalion)
- Music for Piano (Toccata Classics)
- Music for Solo VIolin, Vol.1 (Toccata Classics)
- Eight Duos for 2 violins (NMC label)
A work for string orchestra and harp, a deconstruction and reinterpretation of Britten's famous piece, the Serenade for Tenor, Horn and Strings.
A score and CD are available.
Seven Last Words from the Cross
A narrative video combining images of great paintings with specially-composed music.
The Fall of the House of Usher silent film score was played by ensemble Counterpoise on
6 November at the Victoria Rooms, Bristol, and 29 September at Kings Place, London.
- Read reviews
- See Usher on YouTube
- See: JH other films/media
Bristol Neuroscience Festival 2013
University of Bristol,
Visible Music soundscapes accompanied a film with neuroscience images, between special talks and before the plenary lecture.
The Cambridge 2013 Science Festival featured several VM soundscapes, playing before lectures on various science topics.
see: Sample Science Festival soundscape info