- Original music and arrangements
- Music for film, silent film, television, radio, websites
- Music for special events, exhibitions, lectures and science festivals
- Original film projects to commission
- Music publishing, editing, score/parts preparation
- CDs; DVDs
As part of the Wagner 200 Festival, Jean is composing a new score for a January 12th performance at the Barbican's Cinema 1, London, accompanying the 1913 film on piano, The Life and Works of Richard Wagner
Royal Albert Hall Proms, premiere:
A Vision of the Sea, July 2013 and live on Radio 3, 23 Sept.
David's chamber music and orchestral performances continue this Autumn.
- More details and Autumn concert listings.
- Read David's thoughts
on British music.
- Vespers for choir and orchestra was recently recorded by the Bournemouth Symp Orch and the Bath Choir.
- Music for Piano (Toccata Classics)
- Music for Solo VIolin, Vol.1 (Toccata Classics)
- Eight Duos for 2 violins (NMC label)
A new work for string orchestra and harp, a deconstruction and reinterpretation of two of Britten's famous pieces, the Serenade and Purcell's theme from The Young Person's Guide.
A score and CD are available now.
Seven Last Words from the Cross
Just completed, the first in a series of narrative videos combining images of great paintings with specially-composed music.
The Fall of the House of Usher silent film score was played by ensemble Counterpoise on
6 November at the Victoria Rooms, Bristol, and 29 September at Kings Place, London.
New film scores:
The Cuban Underground, a documentaryabout bats,
Ben Labra D'Ollie,
a childrens' animation film (DVD w/book combination)
see: JH other films/media
Bristol Neuroscience Festival 2013
University of Bristol,
Visible Music soundscapes accompanied a film with neuroscience images, between special talks and before the plenary lecture.
The Cambridge 2013 Science Festival featured several VM soundscapes, playing before lectures on various science topics.
see: Sample Science Festival soundscape info